Friday, February 27, 2009

Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

Yesterday was the Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts. This year we had a pie contest. Not being a big dessert maker Alex, Tyler, and I had to get creative. Tyler made a yummy mint chocolate chip ice cream pie with a rice krispie crust. Alex and I found the following recipe in my kraft foods magazine. We made it in a pie pan and it was sure a hit last night. Thought I would share the recipe:


Total Time: 2 hr 10 min

Makes: Makes 32 servings.

What You Need!

1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix(13x9-inch pan size)
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (we just used chocolate chips)
1/2 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped

Make It!

PREPARE and bake brownies in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package; cool. Meanwhile, beat milk and pudding mix with whisk 2 min. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Refrigerate until brownies are completely cooled.

SPREAD pudding mixture over brownies.

MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate on HIGH 1 min., stirring every 30 sec. Spread over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

No wonder I was so confused on the phone...I thought you said you were making a "tie" shaped pie. Looks yummy, and looks great in regular squares. I thought it was some strange scout thing....

Jason Young said...

Those look SUPER dangerous...I'm making them tonight :)

Mandy

Jason Young said...

Those look SUPER dangerous...I'm making them tonight :)

Mandy

kg said...

Those look SOOO good! I think I might have to try it this weekend :)

The Ditto clan said...

Yummy,
Maybe that will be our sunday "bribe" treat.

The Borns said...

Oh, yummy.... I'm sure it wasn't on purpose... but thanks for yet another thing to help me gain WAY TOO MUCH with this baby! I'm so making a grocery list right now! I think they are healthy, right? Don't answer that! Thanks for sharing:)

Dunstan Family said...

Wow looks yummy everytime you picture food on here it looks like they should be in a magazine.

Amanda said...

I can't wait to try these!!! I think the other thing your boys made sounds good too... may need to post that recipe too! We are dessert makers here!!! I think we will make those for FHE this week Yumm! Thanks for sharing!